4 firm raw mangoes
¾ cup oil
½ cup salt
½ cup split mustard seeds
¼ cup red chili powder
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
1 and ½ tbsp turmeric powder
½ tbsp asafetida
½ tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp jaggery/molasses/sugar
1. Wash raw mangoes, cut them in small cubes and place them in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Turmeric to the bowl.
3. Coat the mango cubes with salt and turmeric and set aside for an hour.
4. In a heated pan sauté fenugreek seeds till they turn golden brown, set aside.
5. Then, in a heated pan sauté fennel seeds and salt for 3-5 mins separately (to remove the excess water so the pickle lasts longer)
6. In a pan start warming the oil.
7. In a coffee grinder make coarse powder of fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds, set aside.
8. Grind split mustard seed in a coarse powder as well, set aside.
9. Remove the excess water from the raw mangoes, which were marinating in salt and turmeric.
10. Let the heated coil cool for few 6-8 mins.
11. Meanwhile add remaining salt and turmeric to the mangoes and mix well.
11. Add asafetida, split mustard seed powder, fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds powder, red chili powder and jaggery/molasses/sugar to the oil.
13. Mix well and let the spiced oil cool further for 5-10 mins.
14. Add this spiced oil to the mangoes and mix thoroughly.
15. Let the pickle cool completely before storing in an airtight mason jar.
16. Let the mouth-watering pickle marinate at room temperature for 2-3 days and store it in a refrigerator for later use.
17. Enjoy like a condiment with rice, roti/chapati or even as a spread on bread
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly